My beautiful daughter, Alyssa, is 7 years old today. Wow how time flies. Lis is an absolute joy and such a great daughter, sister and friend. Speaking of “friend” – this girl absolutely loves hanging out with her little friends. Rylee, Emily, and on and on. Not a day goes by without this little social butterfly asking, “Can Rylee come and play?” What about hanging with your dad and mom for a night?! Haha. She just smiles.
So Alyssa enters 2nd grade this year at Grundy in Morton. She’s getting so big and does many things well. The one thing I haven’t gotten her into yet is sports. This year I plan to try that as she has shown definite interest in some things. She hits a softball very well and has some athleticism in her. Now if her mom can get over the fact that she may not be a dance / cheerleader type 🙂 Who knows?
Happy Birthday Alyssa – LOVE YOU!
Finally Upgraded My Android Phone
I finally upgraded my old HTC Incredible android phone. This was my first smartphone and did me well for nearly 3 years. But… There were some definite problems with this phone. Battery life was horrible. Memory continued to go low when using Facebook and Gmail. And so on. Soo… The big question – iphone or another Android?
I couldn’t go iPhone. I don’t quite know why. I’m just a Google guy. I like how much more flexible they are and how much more you can do with the phones. An iPhone is simply an iPhone. Anyways – that is another story for another day I guess.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is what I ended up buying. It’s the latest and greatest Android phone. I’ll have more details about this in a later post I’m sure. But for now, I’m spending my time configuring it, adding new apps, and playing with the fun new features. The biggest difference I’ve noticed so far is it’s much larger of a screen. I like that – but it’s different getting used to. Again, I’ll post my experiences with this phone often I’m sure.
Other Knup Thoughts
- Should I bet on football this year? Of course I should – but where?
- The Olympic gymnastic rule that kept Jordyn Wieber out of the all around finals is a JOKE!
- Today is the MLB trade deadline, curious what moves will be made.
- I’m on a new Daily Fantasy Sports Kick, you can follow my progress at Betting Blogger.
- Sarah has a big “Lion King / Chalk the Block” event in downtown Morton this Friday for Inspired Arts. Bad news is I’m going to miss my grandpas 90th birthday party.
- I’m in charge of the Morton Heat website and facebook. More on this later.
- I was not forced to upgrade my Verizon plan to shared plan. But I did. I actually saved nearly $10 a month by doing this. We just can’t use over 4 GB of data in a month. Should be no prob.